Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

Ye Olde Daily Show

I'm a huge fan of Jon Stewart, but while watching him chat with Adam Sandler about Click, I suddenly realized the Daily Show's interview segments are inconsistent. The nights when he's hanging out with a celebrity on the press junket for an upcoming big-budget release just don't jive with the rest of the show as well as when he's tearing apart, building up, or forcing clarifications of the ideas or opinions an analytical mind has brought to the public table.

While I do enjoy watching Jon get on a roll with other comedians (especially when he gets giggly), it's like this:

If I had one chance to find myself in the public house where a Court Jester was relaxing after a good bought of monarch-mocking, I'd be more interested to find him locked in a debate with a monk over the works of St. Augustine than swapping notes with a travelling player.

But maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment