Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Go See "Little Miss Sunshine". Seriously.

Last night Steve and I saw Little Miss Sunshine both because of the many positive reviews it's been getting and -- much more importantly -- because of the stupid grins we'd both had after seeing the trailer.

As expected, the film did make me laugh, and it also made me cry, which was far less expected. What has really caught me by surprise though is how genuinely happy the film made me. Steve too, I think.

Usually these things are enjoyable while you're watching them and are maybe good for a later laugh when you toss around quotes or say things like "Remember when so-and-so did such-and-such?" But after Little Miss Sunshine it went beyond reminding each of other of the jokes (which we still did do, excessively). There was also a lasting satisfaction, and for me at least, a general feeling that the world is a little better than I thought it was before the lights went down.

And you can't ask any more from a movie than that.

1 comment:

  1. You really can't...
    I have to see this movie soon!

    ReplyDelete