Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Sunday, March 18, 2007

How Many Living Former Leaders Does It Take To Make A TV Show?

My roommates and I just watched the first few minutes of a TV special called "The Next Great Prime Minister". A panel of young people with political aspirations are debating in front of a panel of judges. The host is Canadian political comedian and commentator Rick Mercer, and the panel is made up of four - count 'em four - of the six living former Prime Ministers.

The American equivalent of this would be Jon Stewart hosting a youth debate with Bill Clinton, Bush Sr., Jimmy Carter and... well, there aren't four ex-presidents still alive, but you get the idea. The point is, it wouldn't happen.

Which all just served to remind me how much I love the relationship between Canadian Politics and Comedy. I think Stewart and Colbert are inching the U.S. towards the same place, but arrival is still a long way off.

Quick Links:
Official Site of The Next Great Prime Minister
Official Site of Rick Mercer

2 comments:

  1. It's so weird to think that there aren't 4 ex-presidents still living. Our presidents are old!

    nateisablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 pm

    This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete