Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Friday, July 25, 2008

Where does a year go? Oh right, that's where.

Getting hired to be the About.com Guide to Toronto has been awesome for my professional writing-ness, but not so good for the personal projects such as, oh say, this blog.

I realize plenty of pro writers maintain a much more vibrant writing career and an often very vibrant personal blog but, what can I say - I'm just not that organized. Actually, it's more like I'm just not that efficient. However as my non-fiction writing has gotten faster and more fluid (only took eight months) , I finally find myself ready to get back into my own stuff at the same time. So here's the blog back with a new look and a quick year-in-review:

- Decided to move rather than wait-and-see when our landlord announced he was selling the house (boo); ended up in a much nicer apartment and neighbourhood that's actually cheaper (yea!)

- Took up birding and wildlife photography (huzzah!), but I'm still not very good at either (doh)

- Didn't see my friends nearly often enough (sorry guys), but now live closer to my family (hi mom!)

- And as previously mentioned, I didn't finish any new creative writing projects (Gah! What the hell is that about?!?), and yet for the first time don't feel as though I have to justify referring to myself as a writer (okay, so that's kind of nice)

So that's the summary. Hopefully it won't be the last post I make until 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment