Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Do you put commercials in a show that is one?

I've been seeing these ads on the Comedy Network for what seemed to be a show called "The Gamekillers", which confused me as that's the hook for a current string of anti-perspirant commercials. Curiosity got the better of me (which I suppose means the ploy was already working, but I'm hardly the target market) and I headed over to the Comedy Network website. Here's part of what I learned:

"In this reality-based special, The Gamekillers will be unleashed into the real world on one unsuspecting young guy. He is not an actor. He's just a guy who you're going to see go on a series of 5 dates in an effort to win over a young girl. He thinks his fate is in his own hands, but little does he know that on each date, The Gamekillers will be unleashed to kill game. Will The Gamekillers kill his game, or will he keep his cool and win the girl?"*

I didn't think "reality-based" shows could get more depressing, or further from reality, but now I know the sky's the limit.

Of course, I'd feel much worse if it ended up being funny. It's probably a good thing I have to work Saturday night.

Quick Link:
*The ComedyNetwork.ca - The Gamekillers

No comments:

Post a Comment