Well Hello!


This is my old blog, which I no longer update. Feel free to browse around old posts and such, but the much more recent version of my ramblings are to be found at MarilynAnneCampbell.com

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Wonderful Wizard of Trek

I'm thinking Gene Roddenberry liked "The Wizard of Oz".

Sure Star Trek:TNG made the connection between Data and the Tinman's search for a heart blatant through use of the song "If I Only Had a Heart", but tonight I noticed something about the original Trek.

There they were, poised in a doorway - McCoy, Spock, Kirk. Ready for action, ready for adventure, ready for affable disagreement. And I suddenly realized the after-the-Wizardness of that triumvirate:

Heart, Brain, Courage.

I'm not convinced the lion turned into a ladies man, 'cause I'm not sure Munchkin ladies would roll that way, but otherwise I think it's a pretty fair comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment